Material Control System
- Checking the quality of incoming raw material
- Procured material is checked on the basis of raw material test certificates
- Checks and tests are documented wherein each material is assigned an internal control number for future reference
Process Control Systems
- In this system, in-process checking and control is undertaken
- Processes of forming, forging and heat treatment are subjected to testing
- Reducing the chances of introduction of variables through forging and interim heat treatment
- Heat treatment and testing is done on fittings as per the defined ASTM specifications
- Evaluation of test data by QA department followed by documentation in appropriate format
- Evaluation is followed by supplementary tests like radiography, ultrasonic and corrosion testing as per code guide lines
Machining and Dimensional Control
- Maintenance of suitable fixtures and templates for dimensional accuracy
- Periodic calibration of necessary gauges and calipers for maintaining accuracy
- Finishing Painting & Marking
- Shot ballasting or pickling and painting of carbon and alloy steel fittings
- Stainless steel fittings are pickled and passivated
- Marking of all fittings with size, schedule, specification and manufacturer stamp
- As per quality plans, calibration and audits of equipment are done
- Certification & Supplementary Test
- Test certificate is accompanied with fittings when supplied to the QAP
- This certificate incorporates various properties of the fittings like chemical, mechanical and hardness properties, heat treatment and hydro test pressure
- Test certificate also contains supplementary tests, stamping details and other additional information as per clients’ requirements
Our company is highly appreciated for the client centric business approach adopted by us. For that purpose, we have been following prompt and ethical business policies, followed by client friendly payment options. Our best quality range of Industrial Pipes and Plates has gained a huge appreciation in the global arena. With our wide distribution network, we are able to deliver our consignments within the stipulated time frame. Owing to these factors, we are able to gain the confidence and maintain a good relationship with our international clients. Following factors have made us highly successful in the domain:
- Vast industry experience
- Wide range of products
- Market leading prices
- Adroit team
A separate quality control department is handled by a Q.C. engineer who maintains all the records & supervises the Q.C. Inspectors.
At the raw material stage the same is checked visually for any kind of surface defects such as cracks, seams, overlapping, pitting, as well as dimensionally. A chemical & physical test is carried out before selecting the Raw material.
After acceptance of raw material a control number is issued and this is punched/marked on whole of the Raw material is to be use.
In Manufacturing Of Fittings, Flanges, etc. At the time of cutting, The control number is transferred on each cut pieces and the same is transferred after every operation of forging or forming in case of Invisibility of the same. After each forging or Forming process the material is checked visually for surface crack.
Hear treatment is carried out after final forging or forming as required by the code. After final forging or heat treatment a batch number is assigned to a lot and this batch number is stamped on each Pipes, Tubes, fittings, Flanges, Etc. and on the temperature chart which is automatically generated by temp. recorder coupled with the heating furnace. Time of final forging/forming & date is also mentioned on the chart.
After final forging/forming and Heat treatment process, all the pipe Fittings, Flanges, Fasteners, Etc. are sent for machining i.e. and preparation, O/D and I/D matching as per dimensional codes. An Expert Q.C. engineer is involved and he keeps constant vigil on every machining operation. Step machining is carried out as required by the codes. GO and NO-GO gauges are used to check the O/D & I/D of the fittings, Flanges, etc.
Tensile test is done on a sample taken from mother Raw material or from the lots of Pipes, Tubes, Fittings, Flanges, Fasteners, Etc. in accordance with codes as required by purchaser on universal testing machine which is calibrated & approved by the authorized inspection agencies.
Hardness testing is done on Atleast 10% of each lot & results are recorded in separate register.
Impact test is carried out on low temperature fittings covered by specification ASTM A420 WPL grades.
100% X-Ray examination is carried out on all Welded Pipes, Tubes, Fittings
All the Pipes, Tubes,fittings, Etc. are pickled and passivated. By pickling all the scale is removed which is formed during forging/ Forming operations. After pickling , Grinding operation is done to remove the die mark and inside / outside burrs formed during forming & machining operation. Dimensional check is carried out finally & recorded.
After the final dimensional check each fittings is stamped /marked for size, schedule, Fittings specification, Heat mark & batch number.
All the fittings supplied to the purchaser to the purchaser are furnished with Manufacturer''s test certificate. This certificate contains data i.e. Raw material composition, Heat treatment done, Heat Mark, Batch Number, Hardness value, Chemical & physical test results, Radiography results (If carried Out) , size, schedule, specification and quantity supplied.
Some of the names used in our website are trade names and/or trademarks of specific manufacturer(s). Champak Industries is not affiliated with any manufacturer(s), Supplies would be made to meet customer specifications from any of available source(s).Trade names or Trademarks have been used solely for reference purpose and to help customers identify products consistent with listed specifications.
.Inonel,incoloy and monel are registered trademarks of special metals group of companies.
.Hastelloy is a registered trademarks of haynes international.
.254 SMO is a trademark owned by outkumpu stainless.
.Hardox is registered trademark of SSAB.
.Sanicro 28 is a registered trademark of sanvik AB.